Saturday 25 July 2009

An Ode to My Daily Cuppa(s)...

I don't know what I'd do without my daily coffee(s).  If last summer's Caffeine Theme was Second Cup's 'Skinny Vanilla Bean Latte' (ooohhh how I love that drink...I still have it but more sparingly) then this  year's is Tim Horton's large regular and french vanilla - mixed half and half.
I've even bought their brown branded plastic travel mug because it's so kitsch it's cool.

It's what gets me out of bed in the mornings when I awake to cartoons blaring throughout the condo at some ungodly hour before 7am.  But hey - at least we've moved on from 4am wake-ups.

Coffee is crack for Mum's.  It fuels a day's worth of whines, tantrums and nappie changes.  It gives you a bounce in your dejected motherhood shuffle.  It changes your "I can't take another minute of this" into "Okay just one more"...

I've even started drinking coffee in the early evening to ensure that I stay awake until after the monsters have gone to bed...which these days is anywhere from 8pm - midnight.

I've had three today.  I wonder if tomorrow will be a Four Cup Day.  Maybe it's time to up the ante...


1 comment:

  1. Coffee. What would I do without it. If you love coffee, try some of the Bosnian variety (which is like Turkish coffee - the sort with sludge at the bottom). One cup in the morning keeps me bouncing off the ceiling all day, and I have a pretty high caffiene tolerance (mum of child that doesn't sleep, what can I say!)

    The Bosnians drink it like water and it doesn't seem to stop them sleeping. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!