Sunday, 7 October 2012
"Gonna Party...Like It's Me Birfday" (innit)
The top ten reasons why it would appear to be my birthday today:
1. Brekkie in bed (check)
2. Two kisses planted on my cheek in the early hours by two little monsters whispering 'Happy Birthday Mama' (check)
3. The baby whisked off downstairs by the husband whilst i get to sleep in awhile (check)
4. Not one but two 'Baileys-dosed' cappuccino's hand-delivered to my bedside table by a grinning Dumpie (check)
5. Giant birthday tray full of pressies, cards, and treats brought up to bedroom amidst singing and lit candles (in this case votive tea lights - the hubby couldn't find the others! but somehow even better for their originality) and including my all-time favourite breakfast treat: a freshly baked 'Palmier' from Paul's Patisserie (check)
6. everyone's being REALLY nice to me :)
7. the rustling downstairs of several hands attempting to fashion a birthday cake from scratch (I could have chucked a boxed Duncan Hines their way but where's the fun in that?!)
8. a multitude of texts, emails, calls whizzing my way to say, essentially, "Hey, you're alright. Right on for making it through to another year." (check)
9. My mum ringing first thing to sing happy birthday to me over the phone...as she has done every year since i can remember....despite it being the middle of the night for her. BLESS xx
10. I'm wearing a new pair of knickers (another family birthday tradition. don't ask.)
So on that note I'm off to indulge in a post-brekkie bath (i know!) assuming of course I can manage to keep it a W.F. ('winky-free') one and beg the boys not to strip off and clamber into the hot soapy suds with me (I'm giving it 50/50 odds).
Then, I'm going to contemplate my third cappuccino of the day whilst getting dressed in my new gear, wearing my new cosmetics, smelling of new scents, and revelling in the fact that at long last i'm back to wearing my old, PRE-BABY sized clothes. Wahey!
If that's not a reason to celebrate I don't know what is.